Performed an in-depth site planning and engineering analysis to confirm that the existing Basney site would accommodate
the new Honda requirements and the City of Mishawaka’s new stormwater drainage requirements.
• Negotiated favorable parking, curb cuts, and
landscaping requirements with the City of
• Performed cost-benefit analysis during design
meetings which compared the renovation and
addition solution with the teardown and build
• Ancon’s architects suggested improvements
and enhancements to the Honda Plans and
managed design meetings and implemented
drawing changes with each of the departments
while still meeting the Honda standard
building requirements and project budget.
• Ancon’s project manager suggested a
construction phasing plan that would allow
the dealership to remain open and productive
while still maintaining the project schedule.
• Evaluated green alternatives for the site, building, geothermal heating, and equipment.
• Implemented an engineered sub-surface storm
water retention system to allow maximum use
of property for paved parking and vehicle
• Provided new energy-saving site lighting
• Utilized precast concrete exterior solutions
to speed up construction and reduce the
project’s impact on the business.
• Coordinated all fixtures, furniture, signage,
image and graphics packages.